Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I went to Acapulco this last weekend and it was amazing and beautiful. Our hotel was right on the beach! It was great, but apparently if you are a 6 or 8 year old boy, you would rather swim in the pool than at the beach, so I only got to spend about 20 minutes out of the whole 2 days on the beach, super sad. I have never lived near the ocean and this was only my third trip to a beach but I must say that I feel so at home near the ocean. It is beautiful and peaceful and I love the perfect sound of waves hitting the sand. I have been thinking a lot lately about a lot of different things, and the thing about making a major scary decision like this is that it makes you feel that you can do anything, and I really do. I am making a plan for myself and my future and I am liking the looks of it. But anyways... major tangent... back to Acapulco. It was so humid there, the air was like water, and as evidence, I now have a killer cold, but it will go away soon I hope. I am having a good time here and I am so glad that I made this decision and had this opportunity. That is not to say that it is easy, because in fact, living in a country where you don't speak the language without your friends and family nearby is pretty hard. I really miss everyone, but still I would not miss this opportunity for the world. Well... maybe for the world :D One not so happy peice of news is that coco has been given away. I loved that dog so much even though I only knew her for 3 weeks or so... and I was so sad when she left, I cried more than was merited perhaps but what can I say, I am a crier. Otherwise, things are good and I am happy. Check out the pictures, it was beautiful there!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Look at all these fun things you are doing! I am boring and do nothing with my life. I am glad you are having fun!

Aubree said...

Rin! Wow! That is so cool! And also really weird that its only your 3rd time to a beach! Haha! But I guess not... there are lots of people in Utah who've never been to any beaches so I guess you're ahead of the game! And is there anyway to make those flowers on the slideshow go away?! I mean they sure are cute but sometimes they just get in the way of the pictures and I can't see it all and it bothers me.... sorry I know I'm picky and need everything my way... but i'm sure others have thought the same and just aren't bold enough to say so! Haha! Oh man I am crazy! Well good job! Let's chat! Oh and where are all YOUR details? Hmm? Compared to you its like I'm writing a book! I feel like I'm wasting people's time with all that I write... Is this how REAL blogs are supposed to be?! OH no! I've done it wrong this whole time!

Christensen's said...

Only you and Jolynn would cry over that :) I love the beach too...I wish I were there. I am glad that you are making big plans for yourself. You are an amazing person! Check out my blog, Brooklynn just got her 3 year pictures taken and they are adorable.

Lindsay said...

Ahh! So cool!!!! I love to see all your pictures. :) I'm totally living vicariously through you right now. The math lab I practically live in hardly looks like a beautiful ocean. I guess there is a slight breeze when they turn the air conditioner on. Maybe I could convince them to let me plant a palm tree. :)

Jo Lynn said...

so awesome!!! Beautiful pictures and I love your hair in the second picture, super cute!!! So sad about coco, Sarah's right...only me and you would cry over that! LOL Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself!!!

ivygirl said...

Hey Rin miss you! I hope all is well and i LOVE the pics, so beautiful!