Sunday, November 02, 2008

"She knew little about him, yet she felt that she knew him better than anyone in her life, understood the essentials of him, the shape of the spirit that lived in his heart, the strength of the heart that was the compass of his mind."
"He had seen many women more beautiful than she was.He had never seen one at whom he enjoyed more looking."
Okay so lame though this may sound, I totally want that kind of love, like really. I want to find someone who I know better than anyone else even though I don't know everything about them. And maybe that is not even possible, but if it is, I want to find it. I want to find it so badly. These quotes strangely enough comes from a book by Dean Koontz, it is called The Good Guy, and it is about a man who has been hired to kill a woman, and the man who decides to risk his life to save the woman even though he doesn't even know her. I found myself caught in this book, i wanted to finish, but at the same time i never wanted it to end. I wanted to be that woman who had found that kind of love for this man, who loved her more than anything. It sounds so wonderful, and so impossible, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.
I am only 18 but that doesn't stop me from wanting marriage and family and a career, and everything that life has for me. And I have no idea what is coming, I am at a place where anything could happen, anything, and I don't really know how to approach that. I mean wow... decisions decisions. And life is crazy, I mean honestly you can never guess what will happen next, what trials or blessings are around the corner, and that inability to know makes it hard. We have to make decisions without knowing their outcomes, but luckily we have guides, spritual, physical, and emotional guides that we find in those around us, and also in our god.
Whoever it is that you love, and whoever it is that you decide to worship, even if it is not the same god that I have found, I hope they guide you on your path. I hope you find what needs to be found, because someday we will be shown are lives, and I for one want to be able to look back with confidence knowing that I did what was right.

No comments: