Sunday, June 29, 2008

DRIVEN

Oh my! I just read seriously one of the most amazing books of my life! It is called Driven and is by W.G. Griffiths, and pretty much everyone should read it! Especially if you like to read, which, I do.It's kind of like a murder mystery but like with this amazing depth to it. It explores, God and heaven and the devil also, and I know that the ideas explored aren't true, but it makes an interesting read, and it is very well written. I just love it! I especially like the fact that it was a really intense book, and definitely adult, but even though there could have been innapropriate material it wasn't there at all, which is quite a surprise, considering a lot of recent literature. ANd okay honestly, I am not one to censor books, I believe in the freedom of expression and I think that if you remove any part of a book, it loses a part of its identity, as does the author. If I feel uncomfortable reading something, than it is my job to find something else to read, no author should be forced to conform to my beliefs. IT just shouldn't be done. Anyways... I am a bookaholic, like for real, ever since I started to read, which I admit was a little late, I have been unable to "quit" books. My mom has always said that I need a reading patch, but even if such a thing did exist, I would never, ever, submit. There is so much to learn through reading, you can experience things and places and even feelings that you have never even witnessed before, and it is absolutely amazing. And to be quite honest, odds are that if you ever call me at home, my nose is probably deeply nuzzled in the pages of my newest book.

1 comment:

Christensen's said...

I guess I am not the only one posting on Sunday! I didn't know it was a bad thing. I thought that keeping in touch with people was one of the things that we could do on Sundays! Anyway, I will have to borrow the book. Is is yours or did you get it from the library? I need a good book to read.
Jed says...
Who are you to preach? If mud slinging is what you want to do, there is plenty of mud to sling about you!
I don't know where he got that!