Sunday, April 29, 2007

Guilt Trip


Normal people feel guilty when they've done something wrong... then there's me. I on the other hand am guilty the first time I think about doing or saying those things. I try my best to avoid being mean to people, because I already feel bad about it before I've done anything wrong. When people are rude to me I often just let it pass because I don't want to hurt their feelings, completely disregarding my own. The analytical part comes now, why do their feelings seem more important than my own? Well it starts with the fact that I do not know exactly how other people feel, so I know that I could be hurting them more than I see. So since I know my own feelings I can deal with them, but it is not my right to manipulate theirs. Then, I also know that as bad as I feel already about what I have thought, I know that I will feel much worse when I have said it. I hate being the cause of other's pain, I can't stop thinking about it when I am. If I end up saying the mean thing, I turn it over a million times in my mind and by the time I am done with it, it has become the most terrible thing anyone has ever said. Thus my guilt is increased. The last reason would have to be that people have said things to, and about me that were horrible, and I did not like it. I do not want to be one of those people, the ones who don't care about their effect on others. So I try to be nice, as my guilty conscience directs.

4 comments:

Tai_ said...

Hello there. Just a piece of advice: Mind your own feelings I'm not pretending to be rude, I can't imagine how you must feel to deal with your feelings and still have the time and patience to worry about other's feelings. You're not an extention of everybody else, you're not supposed to make others happy, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY That's mankind's reason to exist... But hey, If you're happy by thinking you are not hurting others, than please ignore this comment.

*~BECKY~BOO~* said...

Rinny who is that who wrote the first comment. i disaggree with him highly, it is very good and wonderful that you care so much about others feelings. i admire you rinny and how kind and considerit you are.

Aubree said...

You know Rin, I agree with strange man up there. You need to worry more about yourself than you do. Oh go ahead and worry about people's feelings but you are way important too. If you just disregard yourself you can't fully help others when you yourself is not be helped or taken care of. It is wonderful that you care about others but can't you see that you need to worry about yourself first. You stress over what other people will think before you think of your own life. It's not always good or healthy. Stop stressin' so much and chill.

Loves, Aubree


I love how strange man says " not pretending to be rude" I've never heard it said quite like that.

Aubree said...

AHH! Did you know Orlando Bloom has dyslexia?! i didn't! wow! he's amazing