Sunday, March 25, 2007

Graffitti

So from the title of this blog, one might assume that it was going to be on the reasons behind graffitti: the quest for the title "Grafartist," but, if that is what you are looking for, you are reading the wrong blog. This blog is not actually on graffitti, instead it is on Alias, a show almost as terrible as the two-second graffiti on the wall opposite my house, but so amazing that I will probably never stop watching it. Last night I finished the first season, at the third to last episode everything began to unravel and I almost couldn't take the tension... almost. Instead of cracking under the pressure, I watched the show, eyes practically glued to the screen, as wives where threatened, partners discover secrets, and Will Tippens has a tooth forcefully removed. So here comes the part where I ask a question: Why the heck am I watching a show that made me cry almost 10 times in one episode? And, the answer is that if a program has that much power over my emotions, it has to be amazing. So, I continued to watch the show until the season was over, lacking the forsight to order the second season in advance. Alias is amazing, it pulls you into the life of the characters until for an hour it is hard to distinguish a difference. "Oh, no they are torturing my best friend Will what will I do, oh ha ha, its just on the TV, I was just kidding about that." And that is pretty much how it is as I watch it, I think about how Charlie is cheating on Francie and what I personally am going to do about it, I wonder what i am going to do if Sydney's mom turns out to be the bad guy, how can I live after that; and I fear for emily's life after she is cured of cancer, how interesting of a dillema, now that she will not die from cancer, she has to fear for her life. Alias may as well be some addictive substance in my system, now that I've started I cannot stop without difficulty. Try it and you will see, a show really worth analyzing.

1 comment:

Aubree said...

Hahaha you sure fooled me... I totally thought you were going to talk about graffiti.... I'm sure glad you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice..... or the lack of any variation of tone in my voice.... yeah well Alias is pretty much amazing and has so many freaking things to analyze in it that it drives me insane!!!!!!!