Sunday, March 04, 2007

Why I love the Rain


I love the rain because it is water, and I love water. No, I just thought that I would say that as a broad nonanalytical beginning to my blog. I really do love the rain though. There is something about the sound it makes as it hits a roof top that has comforted me since I was very young. The smell of rain is also something I love, not the terrible Utah Lake fishy smell, but the clean rain in the mountains smell. Rain, is a beautiful thing, and I love it. When I cannot sleep I wish for the quiet raindrops that create, for me, a lullaby. There is something in the way the world is clean after the rain that makes me long for it. A rainbow, though the meaning has been disfigured a bit in recent years, is a beautiful thing to say. I remember playing in the irrigation water while it was raining and coming so cold, and so blissfully happy, that I could not even try to explain.
I stand in the rain, head pointed upwards and I feel happy, really happy. As the rain flows freely down my face, it mixes with my tears and I feel safe. That is why I love the rain, there is a safety inside of it that I long for.

1 comment:

*~BECKY~BOO~* said...

ohhh, corinne that's so touching. But really very good, i love the smell and sound of rain as well. but why did you sit in the ditch and almost freeze to death that is not very smart. owell i love you anyway.
~becky~