Sunday, February 04, 2007

College confusion

I am a mere junior in high school and it seemed that college was many many moons away. But, that all ended yesterday when I received 18 emails from various colleges and universities, in addition to the three letters I received on that same day. I hope that all of these college board members realize that I am not nearly so interesting as they seem to think I am. The Email that I was most excited to receive is the one from Stanford University about a summer learning program for high school students interested in attending Stanford where you take courses and stay in dorms for a month over the summer. Why are colleges so very interested in my attendance? I think I have found the solution, they are under the severely misguided impression that high test scores mean genius sized brains. So, so untrue. It is not of course that I am stupid, many an IQ test has proved that to me, but I do not want to send a false impression of superior brilliance that I can never live up to. But the confusion I feel is not only because of that. There is that whole thing of knowing what to do with my life, I have no lack of ideas or desires but I do have a slightly gargantuan amount of indecision deep with in me and also quite near to the surface. This blog has mostly been an (analytical) shpeel about my inability to make life effecting decisions but nevertheless it has been effective in convincing myself of my own large cash of options between which I have no hope to decide.

3 comments:

Aubree said...

Don't you love how some of the things around my blog are in French? I do you should do it, too!

Corinne said...

oi

*~BECKY~BOO~* said...

Poor Corriney i feel for you. But you are the supioriour genius, just look at my spelling and that proves it. BOy the colleges really love you desisions desisions.