Sunday, December 10, 2006

My best friends

I have two best friends. Together we make an unstoppable trio of crazy teenage swimmers. And there is nothing wrong with crazy swimmers. It is hard to write about my friends because there is really nothing that normal about our relationship with each other. We, for example, are not always the nicest to each other, when one of us does something stupid the others have no problem pointing it out and bringing it up later when we have just began to believe that they may have forgotten, but, it always ends up with everyone laughing, not just those who were not involved. With the meanness aside we are always there for each other, when life becomes too dark and cold for us to handle we always have someone to turn to. That is what friendship is for.
Everyone needs people who can laugh at their mistakes but who can also help you out when it seems that the mistakes are too much to deal with. My friends are here for me at those times and I also am here for them.
I suppose I lied when I said that I have only two best friends, there is a third who I have failed to mention. Her name is Kali and I have known her as long as I can remember. She is a couple of years younger than me and she is one of the funniest and sweetest people that I know. Our families have been hanging out together often for many moons and it seems that we are related. My mom calls Kali’s dad her brother from another mother and the younger kids in her family really believe that she is their aunt Heidi. It is strange that Kali and I actually like each other because we have spent more time with each other than the average friends but some how we always manage to get along and unite against the forces of grouchy younger brothers (who we love.)
Friends are a very important part of life they are the reason behind school being worth it and they create the fun in boring situations. Without friends my life would be rather boring and I would probably live in a slightly darkened room with a flashlight and a couple of books that I can recite without even glancing at a page. Thank you friends for preventing me from becoming a hermit, that means all of you not just the ones I mentioned by name or in secret code.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

hahaha I am so lame that I comment on my own blog. Oh well. I would say that lame is my middle name but it is Jordan so i could not lie and say that. But if I had a second middle name it sould be lame, or ohsowise, or la plus intellegente or something like that. Yeah... well bye

Aubree said...

Wow this is so sentimental. It almost made me cry, but then it was in secret code so you can't really cry at things in secret code. Cornne Jordan Powers the Lame. I kinda like the sound of it actually. It makes your friends laugh and bring it up when ou thought they forgot about it. But you know the scissors are under the basket......

Aubree said...

did you like totally cry? you see you could've cried in mine because it was not in secret code so it would have been so all right. you know my blog is a mix of yours and beckys. i thought that that was funny.

*~BECKY~BOO~* said...

Sniff, sniff, tear, tear. That was very touching Cornne Powers.