Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Week Out!!!

Hi everyone! I have now officially been in Mexico for a week! It is so crazy! Things are going really well, but it turns out that Mexico City driving is definitely conducive to car sickness! But other than that things are pretty good. I went to church on sunday and that was definitely an experience! Pretty much no one speaks english here which is really hard and it took a long time to find anyone at church who spoke any at all! I found a guy who spoke enough to get me to the right class, a sister missionary who spoke enough to find out I spoke french, and speak that with me, and then finally a guy missionary who was pretty much fluent, and, might I add, quite attractive. So things got worked out pretty well. I also have gone swimming twice, learned a little Spanish, and found out that everyone here is really, really nice. Every time I meet someone new it is like, Beunos Dias! And a kiss on the cheek. Which I think is like the coolest custom ever, I think I will come back to America kissing everyone's cheeks. So sweet!

5 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Yeah, I'm so glad to hear everyone is treating you so nice and that you are learning the language. Hey, you stay far away from those Elders!!!! :)

Keep us posted and I couldn't agree more about the custom of kissing everyone when you say hi...so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I was also happy to hear people are treating you well. The custom of greeting with a kiss on the cheek is sweet! I enjoy hearing from you!!

C said...

Yeah! You made it! So happy all is going well. I'll be watching your blog for all your adventures.. be safe.. :)

Lindsay said...

Hey!!! so exciting! You know, Elders are very attractive. :) Especially when they're the only one around that speaks your language...lol. :) Be safe and have fun!

Christensen's said...

Can't wait to get a wet one from you :) I am glad that you seem to be doing well and that everyone is very friendly!