Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mexico...

Hi! Oh man I am so excited to be able to write on my blog, I admit, I am a little homesick for ENGLISH, even french would be nice, but still I am learning a little bit at a time but still learning. I have been getting those like homesick stomach aches, you know? like at night time when I am getting ready to sleep (I know this is ridiculous since this is only my second night here) I have to like read a few chapters in my scriptures and pray for a long time, and then it is okay. Really though, I love it. It is definitely different but not in a bad way at all. I have decided to try to become the me-est me I can be, thanks to the advice of a friend and as part of that I have decided to try everything, food wise at least like for example, I have now eaten Sushi (I actually like it! It was Salmon and it did not taste fishy at all! Amazing) Some sort of beet soup, Ratatouille, and a few new herbal teas. I am excited to go to church on Sunday, even though it will be in Spanish and I won´t be able to understand as well as I would like, It will be nice to experience something as familiar as church, I am hoping that my bishop will speak English so I can talk to him and hopefully get some visiting and home teachers set up. I have taken some really great pictures, but as is my luck, I have forgotten my USB cord for my camera and so I don´t know exactly what I will do. I miss you all and I hope that this finds you well!

8 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I'm so so proud of you! That is awesome you are open to new things and willing to try it all and what a blessing it is to pray and find comfort! You are one incredible girl and you have been taught by amazing parents. I love you so much and keep the posts coming so we know how you are doing. It's like a mission, so cool!

ashleyboice said...

yay! I am so happy for you. The homesickness part will get easier with time.

Aubree said...

Oh my gosh corinne! You have to send me pictures somehow!!!!! I'm going to die! But I'm glad to hear that you are safe and well! And I'm so glad you've taken my advice to heart; it will do you well!

Carrilyne said...

Corinne!! I am so happy to hear all is well, besides homesickness!! I am so glad you use your scripts and prayer to feel better! I want to hear more about the family!! I have to make sure they are taking care of you!! If you need me to pick up your usb cord and mail it to you I totally will!! Just email me details!

Holly said...

Oh Corinne! I am sure you won't believe this but I actually miss you now that you are gone! I'm glad you are having a great time! Mostly I miss having someone to glare at in the hall at church. I guess I'll have to find someone new to be mean too ;)!

Jense Family News said...

We miss you so much!!! Were so glad that you are safe and able to have such a great opportunity :) I know that this journey will strengthen you so much. It's good to know that you will have the church's support and comfort from heavenly father as you go through this new chapter in your life! Keep in touch :) Let me know if you ever need to talk.

Ashley Hall said...

I'm so glad that you are doing well and that you have such a good attitude about everything. I'm sure that this will be such an amazing experience for you and will definitely be something that you will remember for the rest of your life. I can't wait to hear more about the family and everything!

Christensen's said...

I have been wondering about you! What a great adventure! I asked your brothers how you were doing, but they don't say much. I am glad to read about your experience. If you can't get a USB cord soon let me know and I can mail you one.