Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mixed Emotions

SO I am going home tomorrow and I have never been so excited in my life, except perhaps every Christmas eve :) My bags are packed although I had to chuck pretty much half my material possessions into the trash to be able to fit it into my bags, goodbye textbooks, half my already way too small wardrobe, my pillow, and random things that I can hopefully live without. I am ready to be home, but I am also sad to leave, sad because I will miss Maritza and the boys, sad because I had big plans for my Spanish learning, and sad because I have come to love Mexico. I am happy because I am ready to move on, and because I do not like the feeling of doing a job that is not mine without being appreciated for it. So now I will spend a night without sleep, because I am not capable of sleeping when excited, and then I will come home tomorrow hopefully to snow.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Snow? *laughs* Oh there's snow... :) tons of it. Except it's not cold enough (yet) to freeze, so it's six inches of slush...That makes for an interesting walk to the church... :) I'm excited to see you again! I have finals until Thursday afternoon, but next week I'm FREE! :) There's a new Disney movie out...the princess and the frog, that looks SO cute. We should see it. :) Or something. :)

Corinne said...

I really want to see that! Lets do it!

Jo Lynn said...

I'm sure your reunion was wonderful and I'm sure your family is so pumped to see you. Hope there was snow for you and I'm excited to hear about your next adventure. :)

Christensen's said...

I am so glad you are home!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!