Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankfulness Blog

Alright JoLynn, I am taking you up on your Challenge. But first, I finished the book of Mormon last night and took the challenge found in the last chapter, I asked God if it was true, and nothing happened. Then, today at church it was stake conference, and while we were giving our support to The prophet and other church leaders, I got goosebumps, I knew this church is the true church and I knew that the Book of Mormon is true, and it was an amazing feeling, because having felt it, I knew that I already knew all of this. It was a really great experience for me.
Now, on to my thankfulness, I also composed this list during church today, it just kept growing so here goes:

Things I am thankful for
My family
My friends
Holidays
Good food
Bookstores (especially those with coffee shops, that is like my all time favorite smell, books, and coffee combined.)
Consistency
Maritza
My extended family
My dogs
The knowledge that you should hate the sin but love the person committing it
Museums (all kinds, art, history, everything)
Trees
Mountains
Camping
Christmas (particularly this year)
Eyes
Shoes (I love shoes! But I don't actually love wearing them)
Fruit
Strong Values
My quilt
School
Good talks
Curling up to a book
Swimming
Baking cookies
A body that usually works pretty dang well
The internet
Stars
My Testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
The holy ghost
Missionaries
The smell of rain
The color green, and all other colors for that matter
Homemade anything
Tammy and John McNaughton
Advent Calendars
My past Young Women's leaders
Taking random trips
Free time
Knowledge
Flowers
The temple
English
Jackets
"My" Young Women
Sundays
Movies
Sleepovers
Denny's runs
The priesthood
Animals
General Conference
People who love me
Chocolate
Target
Panda Express
Email
Pie
Hard things that happen, but always end
Hand holding
Having a voice
Freedom
My salsa class
cereal
Kisses hello on the cheek
An open mind
Freedom from addiction
Burt's bees
prayer
Faith
America
Cheesecake
You've got Mail
Fast Sunday
Priesthood Blessings (I really miss those)
Good Examples
My Spanish class
Getting packages
Bread (possibly my favorite food out of everything)
The Prophet
Diversity
Truth
Snow
Music
Hot Chocolate
Having people to talk to
And I am sure this list is too long already, so I will stop, but there is so much more to be thankful for. Being here in Mexico has made that even more obvious to me. It turns out though, that being a nanny is harder than it seemed. That there are days when I just want to go home, and I wonder if I really made the right choice. And that makes things difficult, but I am experiencing a new culture and learning a language, and I am safe, so I have a lot to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's awesome Corinne. :) I have an idea for something if you feel ambitious... I do it and it's the best. So I have this big jar, and next to it a little pile of paper strips I cut out of old scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, and other bright, colorful papers. It's called my "Happiness Jar." At the end of each day right before I get in bed, I take a paper or two and write down something that made me happy that day, or something I'm thankful for...and I put it in the jar. Then if I ever have a hard day or something, I can grab a handful of papers out of my jar and read them and it makes me feel better. But the cool thing is, when you end your day by trying to think of happy thing to write on your paper, you're automatically happier. :)Gotta love it. I loved your list too. :)

Jo Lynn said...

Oh I love love this post, thanks for taking up my challenge! Love the many things you are grateful for and I can only imagine being out of the good old USA would make you appreciate it so much more. I love you girl and hang in there during those hard times, I'm sure this experience has made you grow immensely. You are a beautiful, talented, wonderful girl and I cant' wait to see ya! Loved the pictures!

Kristen said...

I love that things like pie and You've Got Mail made the list of things you are thankful for. Perhaps I will make a list also.