Sunday, November 08, 2009

Phew, it's been awhile

I feel like it has been a really long time since I have last written, so I am now finally composing my blog post. Life is interesting. I made this decision to become a nanny and I was so excited to come, I could hardly wait, and now, I am going home for Christmas in 36 days and I am at least as excited if not more. What can I say, being a nanny is hard, I need people.
It is almost Christmas and I am so excited. I love Christmas and have loved it forever. In the past I have tried to claim that Halloween was my favorite holiday, but it is not. Christmas wins. I believed in Santa Clause for an especially long time, this fact should probably embarrass me, and in the past it did, but I love the idea of Santa and I wanted to hold on to it for as long as possible. I am usually a very logical and especially literal person, but when it came to Santa, I made all kinds of ideas and theories to support his existence. I had friends who didn't believe, who even helped their parents play Santa and still I held on. Convincing myself that Santa just stops coming when you stop believing, it made sense to me. I suppose I just liked the idea that someone who I had never met cared enough about me to try to make my Christmas special. And yeah, at 13 I finally gave in to the idea that maybe Santa is more of an idea than an actual person. It was sort of crushing, I had been hiding the truth from myself forever, I really just wanted to believe. Even now, I cannot sleep on Christmas eve, I maybe get 2 hours in before I am bounding up the stairs to check out my stocking with my brothers, who, came to grips with the truth at younger ages than I.
I love buying Christmas presents, and making cookies, and singing carols while drinking hot chocolate. I love how happy everyone seems to be, and how there is an emphasis on kindness. I love Christmas movies and Christmas traditions, I love the tree and the lights everywhere. I love the snow, and I love that it gets cold so you can sit at a window with hot chocolate and read a book with a blanket. I love Christmas, and I know this is far to early and that I am breaking like a million rules by blogging about Christmas before thanksgiving, but I feel compelled.
Now, you are probably thinking, what a nerd! And it is totally true, I embrace my nerdiness. But I thought I would give you an update on my thoughts and since this is currently what I am thinking about, you get to hear it, if you choose to read my blog. I also included some pictures of Halloween and a couple of others. I miss you all, and will try to be a little more consistent with my blogging.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow some of those kids or should I say people trick or treating seemed old!!! Hey never stop beliving in Santa love ya corinne
Mandy

Aubree said...

Man, that is some crazy talent there. I could never sing carols and drink hot cocoa at the same time! way to go! hahahaha!

Kristen said...

Hahahahaha. I never knew that you believed in Santa that long! That is so funny. I love that. I really do. I'm not making fun, so I hope it doesn't sound that way.

Lindsay said...

Guess what. I'm currently in the process of cleaning my room in between studying for three midterms and doing a hundred projects. Why am I cleaning my room so urgently might you ask? It's so I can put my Christmas tree up ASAP. :) I love Christmas too. For me, it's all one big holiday season. It begins with preparing ourselves for Thanksgiving and learning to be grateful for everything we have...then we open our hearts and wallets and all of the above, and learn to give of ourselves at Christmas time. Then it all culminates in celebrating the birth of Christ, which we should be more grateful for than ANYTHING because He's given us more than anyone else ever could. So, Christmas music and trees in November just remind us of the spirit of Christ. :) That's my philosophy.

And YES we will HAVE to do some fun things when you're home for Christmas. I have the whole week of Christmas off from school and everything (and the week after that too...) so we'll do fun things! :)

Christensen's said...

I can't wait until Christmas either!!! I am so excited you are coming home and so excited that you will be making me some peanut butter bars...you always could make them better than me :( We miss you and look forward to seeing you...and not just for the brownies!

Jo Lynn said...

Yeah for Christmas, I LOVE LOVE all of those wonderful things you named! It's a beautiful time of year and the kindness is much more apparent during the wonderful season! Oh you are so cute with Santa and yes you are a very literal person...something I so love about you. Can't wait for you to be home with your family and I know they will be so excited to see you! Love ya

C said...

I still laugh about our 1am breakfast run at Denny's before we began our Black Friday shopping! Good times!