Monday, May 04, 2009

Defying Gravity

I went to see wicked on saturday with my aunt Sandy and it was absolutely amazing, I have been waiting to see it seriously for probably 4 years, I know every song by heart and I feel like elfaba and I should be best friends. I love the song Defying Gravity, it makes me feel like I can and should do whatever I dream and I feel understood. Sometimes things that seem bad are good and no one else really has the right to tell you what to do with your life, even when they are only trying to help. We are the only ones who know the whole story about our lives and when other people try to judge us for making what is in their opinion the "wrong" decision it is not their call. Decisions are hard and sometimes to make the right ones we have to go against what other people think and sometimes they cant understand. More than anything though, I want to defy gravity, I want to prove to the world what I am worth and I promise it is more than a little. I can and will do great things even with the major stumbling blocks that seem to always be placing themselves in my way. Everyone has lives full of hard, the important thing is to find the good behind the hard. Thank you Wicked for inspiring me, and seriously everyone if you haave a chance to go see it anywhere, take it, it is amazing and SO worth it.

4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I LOVED that play, so so worth seeing and I'm glad it inspired you!!! You are great and you have the world alot to offer and even this these set backs, it will not and cannot stop you!!!!!

Holly said...

I have always wanted to go to that play and tried to get tickets when they opened the sales but could never get through. I am now very jealous of you Corinne because you got to see it. Don't forget this post because you can do anything you want to!!

Christensen's said...

I'm still jealous that you got to go and not me :(

Lindsay said...

Hey Corinne!!! Long time no see! I just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing! :) It looks like you've had quite the run of things lately... but anyway, if you'd like, you can email me! :) my email is bolton.lindsay@gmail.com. See ya later!!!

-Lindsay :)