Sunday, September 10, 2006

Analytical mind part one

Why is running in a Five K easier than running 3 miles?
This weekend I ran in a five k and I will tell you I am not in any way a runner. But when aperson runs on their own for no real reason there is no reason to run faster and no other people that you must beat. Everyone needs a little competition to keep them going and improving. I have experienced this first hand and this are my reasons:
First of all on a normal run you are not surrounded by more than a hundred other people who actually enjoy running without those crazy people inspiration is hard to come bye.
Second when you are running on your own you are not as prone to noticing that you are being beaten by a speed walker and in a race when you see that a walking person is beating you, a running person you are given an excuse to actually try, at all, especially if that running person happens to be around 76 1/2 years old.
All right the last and most important part of this is that if you are running in a race wearing a shirt with a monk on it you have to feel a certain ammount of duty in winning the race I mean if you lose you are on one pretty important guy's bad side.
O.k. so really running a five K is much more appetizing to one's legs than hitting a track and running around 6 or 7 times with no one around, no monks in sight, and no sign of a finish line. Do you agree? If you don't you have never ran a five k in the same proximity as a monestary. I promise it's quite the moving experience :).

1 comment:

Methebookworm said...

Cornine you are hilarious! You were right, your blogs are funny AND more importantly keeping me awake through my long hours (or hour) at work.