Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hello Again

So the funny thing about my life in Mexico is that I expected it to be SO different, but it turns out, life is life where ever you are living it. I do the same things just in a different place. But still I figured it was time for an update. So, here goes:
I am learning how much I am dependent on people and my ability to easily communicate with them. At home I took for granted my ability to call a friend whenever, have someone I could potentially do something with every night, and have so many people I love at such a close proximity. It is really hard for me to not have that option, really hard. And before I came here I was just starting to spend a lot more time with a lot of other people, and now that I can't, I am really missing it.
But, here, I have Maritza and she is really amazing. The most amazing thing about our friendship is that we totally understand each other despite the obvious language barriers. I don't know how but somehow Maritza Spanish makes sense to me, like i understand. It is amazing, really.
Okay, I don't really have to much else to say, so I will have to post more later, but I miss you all!

10 comments:

scrambled brains said...

You are so wise, Corinne. I am very proud of the person you are. I love you!
Mom

Carrilyne said...

I am sure all you friends are missing you too! But I really feel for you and not being able to understand every one! It must be hard! I am glad you have your friend!

Jenna Holm said...

So glad you're having a good time- you'll look back and be so glad you did this when you're old like me. And you're right... life is life wherever you go- just different. Here's a favorite quote to sit on:

"The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you. They are unique manifestations of the human spirit."

Cheers!

Jenna

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

Jenna, where is that quote from? It is awesome!!!

Corinne, I am so amazed at how much you have grown up. You have always been wise beyond your years and it is so fun to read about your adventures! You will always treasure this experience :-)

Love ya
-Alta

Lauralyne said...

Fabulous! More pictures, please! LOL

Jo Lynn said...

you are a very wise person and what a great realization. you never know what you had until it's gone right? What a blessing family and friends are!

Craig Rowley said...

Hello,
I don't know if you remember me but I found your blog through Kristen's. I just returned from a mission and I'm working were Kristen works. I was just looking at links and saw yours and read a little. I can relate with a lot of that stuff. Learning Spanish is hard.

Christensen's said...

I am glad that you have a good friend there that you can understand. I am sure that you are already regreting not spending more time with me :)

Lindsay said...

Hey!!! I miss you too, but I hope you're enjoying your time in Mexico. You'll remember this year for a long long long time. :)

Besides, when you get home we'll do stuff. :)

Kristen said...

I was afraid you felt neglected by me after what you said about my not leaving comments. So this is me leaving a comment.