Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An open mind

College is interesting, everyone makes it sound like this totally 'mazing place filled with open-minded learners, especially my college. And to some point it is true. But honestly, some people there are not open minded, but closed-minded about different things, and that isn't okay. If you are to be open-minded, you should be all around open-minded. I occassionally fear that I may be too open-minded. I believe that people should do whatever it is that they want to do, good or bad, nice or naughty. That is not to say that i cheer for the bad choices made in the world, but i do respect people's ability to make them, as long as they are willing to face the consequences. I also do not believe in denying rights to people with a different blief system than my own, I believe that a person should be able to make their choices based on their beliefs, not my own. Honestly, I think this is how I am supposed to think, so I am okay with it, completely. But if I at some point cause you offense, I am so sorry.

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

It's pretty hard once you figure out what everyone was saying about college isn't completely true. :( Some of the most educated people are by far the most closed minded people! Love ya and thanks for your comment on my blog...

Christensen's said...

I am offended! Just teasing. I agree with you that people should be able to choose how to act, but they should have to pay consequences for some of those things.